Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima

Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima 1 year, 6 months ago #21518

• sherin
  • Learner Permit
Am very new to Dubai and have recently got my licence. Thinking of buying a car. Basically am completely spoilt for choice with the enormous choice available in Dubai.

Wanted a SUV but they are all very steeply priced (from my point of view) . So thinking of a sedan now. I intend to replace it in 2 years time or earlier so a good resale value would be of prime importance. I am told, the resale value of Toyota and Honda are very high and then comes Nissan. How true is it ?

Considering the above is true am zeroing in between Camry, Accord and Altima. Which one would you recommend ?

Your views would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sherin

Re: Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima 1 year, 6 months ago #21520

• Nezar
  • Bronze Member
Best resale, maintenance and durability - Camry
More options, thrill for ride and sportiness - Altime
Accord isn't what it used to be, sluggish power but firm handling and dependable...but sure to stand out from the seas of Altima n Camrys

Also, I've had a rental for 10 days and the 2.5 Altima has real good 'gravity' seats, good CVT and cabin feel.

But as I said, resale and reliability wise, there's a good reason Camry is the leading Sedan in the world.

Good luck

Re: Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima 1 year, 6 months ago #21526

• sherin
  • Learner Permit
Thank you for the response Nezar...

Is the resale that bad that I should not consider Altima at all ?

In fact do you suggest any other car ?

Thank you and others in advance for any input whatsoever.

Regards,

Sherin

nezar78 wrote:
Best resale, maintenance and durability - Camry
More options, thrill for ride and sportiness - Altime
Accord isn't what it used to be, sluggish power but firm handling and dependable...but sure to stand out from the seas of Altima n Camrys

Also, I've had a rental for 10 days and the 2.5 Altima has real good 'gravity' seats, good CVT and cabin feel.

But as I said, resale and reliability wise, there's a good reason Camry is the leading Sedan in the world.

Good luck

Re: Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima 1 year, 6 months ago #21528

• cy00
  • Silver Member
For once put aside this lame resale value logic and buy e car based on the car itself and what it offers and if that suits you.
You probably won't sell the car after 2-3 years and even if you do when the ad goes on dubizzle, people will,call and offer you half your asking price.

So lets say not to resale value logic and buy cars the heart wants!
Good luck.

Out of your list i would pick the accord hands down.
Camry has a taxi car image, also the service center is always busy. Ride is floaty and steering is very vague. Brakes are also bit squishy. Car is comfy though

Altima is USA made now and feels cheap( which is why it's cheap to buy) also I personally hate the silly cvt gearbox. Some people might not notice the difference. Also has the taxi car image.

Accord both the new and old models are decent. Definitely overpriced but better build quality, good ride and good handling( for a fwd family sedan, its no 911 gt3!) the dealer is also good with service, after sales etc.

Re: Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima 1 year, 6 months ago #21529

• sherin
  • Learner Permit
CY... thank you for the on-your-face response... I tend to agree with your views on "lame resale value logic" and would have bought what my heart wanted than worry about how much the car would sell for.... but I happen to have a job that could call for a transfer out of Dubai... Given this, it is important that my losses are minimal on the most expensive thing I would have purchased by then.

Hope that helps in understanding...

With your feedback and Nezar's feedback the score goes like this:-

Camry - 1
Altima - 1
Accord - 1

Am more confused than before... Help !!!

Re: Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima 1 year, 6 months ago #21530

• Nezar
  • Bronze Member
Honestly, buying and selling frequent cars, I know for a fact a well maintained and driven cars fetches almost 48-52% of it's price if sold on 5th year.

So, Altima/Accord/Camry are almost same ball park, Camry edging out a bit ofcourse.

Another car you could consider is the Chevrolet Malibu. Same price top specs, BUT it's got Nav, backup cam AND most importantly for me, remote engine starter. Reviews and styling is better than the other lot too.

Other cars to possibly consider would be the Hyundai Sonata, which gives you a lot more for your money. nav, panoramic glass roof, Nav, cam.. I've had the 2013 Azera as a commute car and it's absolutely fantastic, including their after sales.

good luck...though I gotta gut feeling you're tilting your way towards a Camry

Re: Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima 1 year, 6 months ago #21531

• MSU
  • Learner Permit
Hi

I would suggest you to go with Accord and dont look left/right.

I have owned both camry (2008) and accord (2009), and accord is much much better than camry in every way. If you are concernced about the resale value, i can assure you that camry will fetch you less because of the taxi image.

Test drive accord and i am sure you will not go for any other choice except accord.

Just want to add that acceleration of accord is not that great, but if you are not sort of a driver who always wants to push the paddle ....that will not bother you a lot and you will get use to it in short time.

Wish you best of luck......

Re: Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima 1 year, 6 months ago #21532

• cy00
  • Silver Member
If you need more power there is a v6 accord which will blow the other two taxis out of the desert

Re: Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima 1 year, 6 months ago #21533

• Nezar
  • Bronze Member
I agree on the image bit....it's a cabs galore with Altima and Camry, though the new Altimas have yet to flood the streets in cabs.

Re: Camry Vs Accord Vs Altima 1 year, 6 months ago #21534

• sherin
  • Learner Permit
I finally went and test drove Altima today... till today I was all slanted towards the Altima primarily because of the relatively better pricing... but the test drive made me realise my hunt is not over yet...

I am no speed maniac but I love my sleep so the extra 5 minutes that I sleep is generally covered by driving fast to work.. well that is how I managed to reach on time for a few midnight meetings (some call it normal working hour meetings at 9:30AM) in my home country

Coming back to Altima... when I tried to get it to speed I heard noises that made me a bit jittery.. the sales rep said it would be there in any 4 cylinder vehicle.. other than the noise I liked the car.... but a relative silent cabin is really important for me...

Guess now I would have to test drive the other vehicles recommended by you.

Score till now

Accord - 2
Altima - 1
Camry - 1
Chevrolet Malibu -1
Hyundai Sonata -1

Looks like Accord is moving up the list... btw.. the first vehicle I test drove after I got my licence was the new CRV and I must tell you nothing has come even close to it till now... I just might end up buying the new CRV.... what do you all say ?
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds