Harley-Davidson 2010 motorcycle product line-up
Proclaimed as the only major American motorcycle maker, Harley-Davidson has just unveiled their 2010 product line-up, with nine new motorcycle models in what they refer to as “the most expansive new-product introduction in the history of the company,” spread across six model platforms.
Highlights of the 2010 Harley-Davidson line include:
- As the new king of the Harley-Davidson Touring line, the Electra Glide Ultra Limited model delivers the performance upgrade of a Twin Cam 103 engine, and features standard equipment items previously offered only as accessories on regular-production Harley-Davidson Touring models.
- The new Road Glide Custom model looks lean and mean, with a slammed suspension, 18-inch front wheel and a new 2-into-1 exhaust system.
- The Wide Glide returns as an all-new Dyna model done in old-school chopper style, with black laced wheels, a chopped rear fender, black “wire” sissy bar, 2-1-2 Tommy Gun exhaust and an optional flame paint scheme. Priced starting at US$ 14,499, the Wide Glide is also a great new value.
- The new Street Glide Trike brings stripped-down, hot-rod styling to the three-wheel category, and joins the Tri Glide Ultra Classic(R) in an all new Trike family for 2010.
- Dressed in satin chrome and denim black, the new Fat Boy(R) Lo presents a darker and lower interpretation of the motorcycle that still defines the fat-custom segment.
- The 2010 Street Glide model gets even more hot-rod soul, with updates that include a larger front wheel, slimmed-down exhaust, and a new tail light assembly. Street Glide takes a classic Harley-Davidson Touring profile to a low, light and lean extreme.
- No motorcycle on the road today matches the modern street attitude of the three exciting models in the Harley-Davidson VRSCfamily: V-Rod, Night Rod Special and V-Rod Muscle. The explosive performance of the liquid cooled Revolution V-Twin engine keeps VRSC at the top of the power cruiser food chain in 2010.
- The American motorcycle legend that is Harley-Davidson Sportster features six models for 2010, including the US$ 7,999 Iron 883 introduced mid-year 2009 and four others priced less than US$ 10,000.
- Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO), masters of shimmering chrome and bold paint, offers four new limited-production models for 2010. The CVO Softail Convertible is a versatile urban touring motorcycle, while the CVO Street Glide is a high-performance hot-rod bagger. The CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide and CVO Fat Bob models are refreshed for 2010 with new paint schemes and styling details. All CVO models are powered by a Twin Cam 110 engine, the largest displacement V-Twin offered by Harley-Davidson.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company’s traditional heavyweight motorcycles and general merchandise have a growing fan following in the UAE, with clubs springing up in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.