Gulf Bike Festival 2010 in Dubai this February
The Gulf Bike Festival is the Middle East’s only dedicated Bike Festival, running over three days from February 4th – February 6th 2010. Tickets start at Dhs 40 for a day pass.
The festival, which is under the patronage of Mohammed Ben Sulayem of the ATC and also VP of the F1, will include Music from Live Nation, Bikes with Gulf Bike Expo, which incorporates Dubai Bike Week, featuring the largest temporary exhibition structure in the Middle East and showcasing the latest in Bikes, Custom Bikes, All Terrain Vehicles, Clothing, Accessories and Lifestyle Products featuring special sale offers to festival goers.
All of the major brands in the biking industry will be exhibiting at the show including Harley Davidson, Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM, Buell, Ducatti, Ed Hardy and Al Boom Marine. Each of the exhibitors will be launching new products surrounding the show.
Headlining the Festival on the main stage will be the Canadian rock band, Nickelback on Friday 5th February and then vintage rockers Status Quo on Saturday 6th February.
The Piazza Area is the general space of the show where the exhibition will take place but is also home to the below.
* Piazza Music Stage – a smaller music stage set in the very heart of the festival where several exciting, up-and-coming bands will be playing a set over the course of the weekend. Details of these bands have still to be confirmed.
* FMX Zone – A main attraction of the show where FMX athletes show off their airborne and aerial skills.
* Super Motto Circuit – In conjunction with KTM, riders will replace the tyres of their off-road bikes with street tyres and race. An action packed and dangerous extreme sport not to be missed.
* Rage Zone – A skate/BMX park running daily competitions and bringing in extreme athletes.
* Food and Beverage Outlets – A large range of food and beverage stands will be available at the show.
* Custom Bike Build Competition – All of the region’s leading custom bike builders will be having a competition judged by an independent panel.
* In Show Bike Park – Anyone with a bike has the opportunity to ride into the show and park their bike within a specific paddock area.
The 2009 ride was in aid of Dubai Autism and saw a phenomenal 700 bikes take to the road. The 2010 charity ride will take place on Friday 5th February. More details about this and the charity will be released soon.