2025 Cadillac Escalade IQ revealed in Middle East
Cadillac recently unveiled the first-ever all-electric 2025 Escalade IQ, a re-imagination of the luxury full-size SUV experience, brimming with iconic design, the highest level of craftsmanship and the latest automotive technology.
Offering a Cadillac-estimated over 700 km of range, the Escalade IQ elevates the driving experience with a curved pillar-to-pillar 55-inch total diagonal LED display, available Super Cruise® driver assistance technology, luxurious appointments with a bold interior and exterior design, no-compromise performance, and zero tailpipe emissions.
Bold yet nimble performance
Escalade IQ was envisioned to be the best-driving, most manoeuvrable Escalade to date, and the collaboration between Cadillac Engineering and Design ensured the production model remained faithful to the goal.
It’s the first full-size SUV from Cadillac built on General Motors’ (GM) innovative and modular electric vehicle (EV) propulsion architecture, the Ultium Platform, and incorporates GM’s Ultifi software platform to support and deliver ongoing software updates to its expansive technologies.
Its dedicated EV architecture enables Escalade IQ’s bold design and performance characteristics, from its expressive silhouette and generous space — for passengers and cargo — to its driving performance.
When it comes to performance, Escalade IQ features independent front and rear suspension, with power transferred to 24-inch wheels with 35-inch tires via front and rear drive motors that work in conjunction as an eAWD system.
A fully integrated advanced technologies suite, including Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 and Adaptive Air Ride Suspension, isolates passengers from undesirable road surfaces while providing precise steering and feel.
The Adaptive Air Ride Suspension system enables the vehicle to be lowered up to 2 inches (50 mm) and raised 1 inch (25 mm), while additional features such as the standard Four-Wheel Steer, available Cadillac Arrival Mode and Low Ride Mode enhance capability as well as the Escalade IQ’s presence.
Four-Wheel Steer reduces the turning diameter to only 39.4 feet (12 meters) at lower speeds and reduces the turning diameter by more than 6.5 feet for greater manoeuvrability in parking lots and a tighter overall turning radius. It also enhances handling and stability at higher speeds, particularly when trailering.
Cadillac Arrival Mode is a unique Four-Wheel Steer feature that allows the Escalade IQ to move diagonally, making it easier when pulling into or out of tight spaces while making a statement.
Low Ride Mode enables the Escalade IQ to be driven at low speeds with the suspension fully lowered.
A 24-module Ultium battery serves as the foundation of the Escalade IQ, producing more than 200 kWh of available energy. It also employs a flexible, high-voltage architecture that enables 800-volt DC fast charging, the quickest form of charging currently available, providing up to 160 km of range in 10 minutes of charge time.
Escalade IQ will also have the ability to be equipped with optional offboard power, allowing the vehicle to provide power to external appliances and devices.
The Escalade IQ uses its Ultium battery pack as part of its fundamental body structure. This allows the battery pack to provide the vehicle’s impressive Cadillac-estimated over 700 km of range while protecting the battery in the event of a crash and adding overall strength and rigidity to the car.
The powerful electric propulsion configuration — consisting of the battery pack, power electronics and a two-motor eAWD system — offers great power on demand and surprising performance, including:
- Up to 750 horsepower (with driver-selectable Velocity Max, Cadillac estimate)
- Up to 785 lb-ft (1064 Nm) of torque (with driver-selectable Velocity Max, Cadillac estimate)
- 0-60 mph in less than 5 seconds (with driver-selectable Velocity Max, Cadillac estimate)
- Up to 8,000 pounds of towing capability (Cadillac estimate)
Additionally, Escalade IQ offers One-Pedal Driving and Variable Regen on Demand to make customers feel more connected to their drive. Ultium Energy Recovery — an innovative heat pump thermal system — transfers energy between the battery/power electronics and the cabin, using every watt possible to optimise range and minimise the power from the high-voltage battery used for five-zone climate control.
Escalade IQ also features a suite of standard active safety and driver assistance features, with highlights including:
- Blind Zone Steering Assist: This can provide a brief, firm turn of the steering wheel when a potential crash is detected with a moving vehicle in the lane the car is entering
- Intersection Automatic Emergency Braking: This can help drivers avoid or reduce the severity of an intersection collision with a detected cross-traffic vehicle
- HD Surround Vision: Provides selectable digital camera views of the area around the vehicle and can help drivers park or avoid vehicles and objects
- Enhanced Automatic Parking Assist: Can automatically steer, brake and shift gears to park the vehicle into a dedicated parallel or perpendicular parking space and can help unpark the vehicle
- Front Pedestrian and Bicyclist Braking: At speeds between 8 and 80 km/h, can help drivers avoid or reduce the severity of a collision with a pedestrian or bicyclist it detects directly in front of them
A reimagined yet familiar presence enabled by electrification
The design of Escalade IQ captures the bold presence of its predecessors, but its dedicated EV architecture provided the design team with a blank-slate approach to its styling. The result is a reimagined yet familiar Escalade that makes a statement without compromises.
The electric architecture enables a sleeker profile with a silhouette that remains instantly recognisable as an Escalade. It also enables a lower, flatter interior floor contributing to Escalade IQ’s exceptional spaciousness.
Escalade IQ’s new design pushed the wheels farther to the corners for a more powerful-looking and planted stance. The proportions speak to its presence and scale. Starting with a long, dynamic hood and ending with a faster-sloping roofline at the rear, all of which contribute to a sportier aesthetic.
Much of the Escalade IQ’s sophistication is derived from carefully and beautifully sculpted surfaces. The design team looked to create a dynamic balance between crispness and curvature. ESCALADE IQ’s side profile features flush side glass and a large glass roof that gives the appearance of seamless body lines.
The artful integration of lighting reinforces Escalade IQ’s expressive design, helping to deepen the connection between the customer and their vehicle. The ESCALADE IQ features a strong vertical light signature for both day and night, with tall front daytime running light blades and vertically oriented high/low beams. Dramatic lighting choreography at both approach and departure showcases the technical prowess of Cadillac design while also creating a unique rhythm — a dynamic symphony of light with an impressive chorus of LEDs.
Additional Escalade IQ exterior details include:
- Available power open-and-close exterior door entry system. All four doors power open and close at the touch of a button, and if activated, the driver’s door will automatically open as the driver approaches with the key fob
- Motorised charge port door that opens automatically with a touch
- Large eTrunk compartment under the hood with 12 cubic feet of storage
- Dynamic 24-inch wheel designs
In keeping with other vehicles in the Cadillac portfolio, Escalade IQ delineates itself with two personas: Luxury and Sport. This trim strategy enables customers to choose a car that matches their personality and preferences. Each offers distinctive appearances, including brushed aluminium metallic finishes on areas such as the wheels and exterior mouldings on Luxury and a darkened metal finish on Sport.
Customers can also select a dramatic two-tone appearance by selecting the available black-painted roof — a stunning visual contrast to the six body colours in addition to black.
Ultramodern yet timeless interior
The all-new Escalade IQ seamlessly melds thoughtful details and architectural influence with advanced technologies, creating an interior environment befitting the iconic Escalade name.
Inspired by the worlds of architecture, upscale furnishings, fashion and more, Escalade IQ is open, airy and spacious and incorporates advanced technologies introduced on the ultra-luxury Cadillac CELESTIQ.
- A stunning, curved pillar-to-pillar 55-inch-total-diagonal LED display powered by a next-generation Snapdragon® Cockpit Platform from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. creates a vibrant first impression that only gets better over time with intuitive virtual Smart Controls, such as Universal Remote control when you pull up to your garage, which enhances the experience. Utilising connectivity from Qualcomm Technologies’ Snapdragon® Auto 5G Modem-RF system, the Escalade IQ raises the bar for in-vehicle experiences. The integrated infotainment experience is further personalised and enhanced with Google built-in. With Google Assistant®, Google Maps, and Google Play, customers can access hands-free communication, live traffic updates, information on nearby charging stations, download their favourite apps and more.
- Attention to detail includes an available Executive Second-Row Seating package that blends beauty with task-oriented comfort, including features such as stowable tray tables, 12.6-inch-diagonal personal screens, a rear command centre screen, dual wireless phone charging pads, USB-C and HDMI ports, massaging seats and headrest speakers.
- Power folding third-row allows for seven total passengers and folds flat for more storage.
- Spaciousness is enhanced by the panoramic fixed glass roof that spans the first and second rows of seating, creating an immersive experience and spectacular view for every passenger. The roof glass is tinted and treated with a UV-filtering film, ensuring the cabin stays comfortable, even on bright days.
- Interior themes celebrate bold, progressive colour combinations and contrasting details to establish Cadillac’s EV personality further.
- Immersive, 360-degree audio experience with available 40-speaker AKG Studio Reference audio system when equipped with the Executive Second Row package. The Luxury 2 and Sport 2 systems include a 36-speaker AKG Studio Reference audio system. The standard system for Luxury 1 and Sport 1 trims is a 19-speaker AKG Studio audio system.
Additionally, the Escalade IQ is connected by OnStar to elevate the in-vehicle experience through a variety of safety, entertainment, convenience and driver assistance technologies, including available Super Cruise.
Whether a customer chooses Luxury or Sport, both offer superior levels of premium content, meaning every owner has the same uncompromising level of technology and comfort, with four total interior theme options.
As with the exterior, the dramatic interior lighting includes customisable ambient lighting with 126 colour choices, allowing the owner to curate a more personal experience. With the available illuminated trim, even the interior décor illuminates, creating a warm, inviting glow.
The interior trim features delicate detailing in the daylight, with laser-etched patterns accenting the wood panels. They light up at night for a unique look and a distinctive aura.